Yes, it is that time of the year and once again you have to import your new SYSPRO License. Occasionally people receive error’s when importing their license. We would like to offer a few Tips & Tricks if you should run into problems.
Written by Heather MacLaren:
While importing your new license , you receive the warning message:
“One or more of the system level parameter in the license file are different from your current system settings message “
You are receiving this message because there has been a change in your license seats.
In the example below, the current system setting has only one license seat for POS users where the new license now has two license seats.
Prior to importing your new license, review the new license to identify any changes . If there are any changes , you can edit the license configuration by navigating to System Set up >General Tab> Edit License Information
- Navigate to System set up > General Tab
- Select Edit License information
The number of license seats are now available to edit.
3. Edit the seats that require changing
4. Edit seats that require changing.
5. Select Save and then select Yes in order for the change to take effect.
6. Log into Syspro > Select Company Browse> Highlight company > Select Change
7. Select Registration Tab and import new license.
If you receive the message when logging into Syspro and cannot access System Set up within Syspro, the IMPACT.ini file can be changed. This file contains the various settings including the System set up settings.
NOTE: Care must be taken when modifying this file and should only be done by an administrator.
- Navigate to …:\SYSPRO61\WORK\IMPACT.INI or …\SYSPRO7\WORK
- Open in notepad
- Change the system settings to match the new license.
4. Save the change
5. Log into Syspro > Select Company Browse> Highlight company > Select Change